If you (or your team) are planning a roof repair but do not have an expert idea on how to do it professionally then you might want to consider getting serviced by a commercial roofing company. But before you even go around finding potential roofing service provider, it is a good idea if you learn some important information about roofing installation, different types of roofing services roofing contractors.
I am sharing here in this article some services you can avail from a roofing company:
- Single-ply roofing – this is a system that uses a single layer of flexible membrane as a principal roof covering, often made up of thermoset or thermoplastic. Single-ply roofing products are commonly applied over an insulating material and secured with ballast, mechanical fasteners, or an adhesive. This type has a number of benefits, which includes reduction in a building’s energy use and cooling costs.
- Fluid applied roofing – this is a system that is commonly applied to low slope and flat commercial roofs – roofs can either be old or new. This can prevent water from entering a structure and it does provide an effective energy-saving benefit because of reflective surface. Fluid is applied through the use of sprayer, roller or brush, which creates a monolithic membrane that has no seams.
- Waterproofing – aside from roof installation, another service you can avail from a roofing company is waterproofing. It is applying a kind of coating to concrete walkways, decks or garages. This system provides an alternative way for flooring and surface restoration for both new and existing concrete surfaces. Waterproofing, when applied to damaged concrete surfaces, make them look like new while the cost is minimal.
- Daylighting – a roofing system that uses the sun rays to optimize a building’s lighting needs. The use of daylighting system can significantly reduce the need for electrical lighting up to 80%. Commercial buildings, companies are integrating daylighting system to their roofing because it does not only provide an opportunity to save energy and money, but it can also improve productivity in the workplace.
- Solar panel installation – the sun is an abundant source of energy when it is properly harnessed so commercial roofing companies also provide solar power installation service – this is one of the most expensive and this is the reason why companies install solar panels on a roof that will last the duration of your solar investment. According to some experts, the typical payback for a solar project is 20 years.